Ray Poynter is a thought leader, working in the areas of business consultancy, market research, and public sector engagement. Ray has over thirty years experience in running businesses, consulting, and training.
Currently Ray spends most of him time writing articles and chapters for his new books, consulting to companies looking to embrace change, running workshops and training sessions on leading edge techniques, and assisting in the planning and implementation of projects.
Ray’s experience includes:
- Director level positions with Millward Brown, Sandpiper, The Research Business, Virtual Surveys, and The Future Place.
- 28 years as an elected councillor (a combination of County and Borough Council positions), during which time roles included portfolio holder for e-Government and trustee of a pension fund.
- Over 50 articles for leading trade magazines such as Admap, Research World, and Research.
- Online course materials for the Principals of Marketing Research course run by Georgia University.
- Author of The Handbook of Online and Social Media Research (published by Wiley in 2010).